Wednesday, March 07, 2018

MARCH 2018 Letter LIVING WELL

No! Marty! We've already agreed that having information about the future can be extremely dangerous. Even if your intentions are good, it can backfire drastically! [from Back to the Future motion picture, 1985]

How many of us want to know the future?

  • How long will I live?
  • Who will I marry?
  • What is the stock market going to do?
  • What is our country going to be like in 50 years?

Why do we want to know? Because we have a fear about what might happen. We worry about our future. Faith is not knowing what the future holds, but knowing who holds the future.

Corrie Ten Boom once said, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” We cannot enjoy today if we are tied to the past and worry about the future.

The future can be a scary place to live, but as Billy Graham said, “I have read the last page of the Bible, It’s going to turn out all right.” Even when we don’t know what happens before the last page, we have a God who loves us and does know. He says, For I know the plans I have for you .... plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

If I am following the Lord today, He will take me to the future that He has for me. I don’t have to know where the road ends or where it will take me, my part is to stay on the road that follows Him!

We are following the Lord back to Zambia in June. Is He leading you there?

We are finalizing the Mission Zambia 2018 team (May 30-June 11). If you can’t go, will you send us and provide for the Bible camp that we do with the CHILDREN of WISDOM? For more info, click here.  Or click to DONATE NOW!

Thank you for your continued prayers, support, and encouragement.

Our love in Christ,

Donna and Ed Edwards

P.S. Please pray as the Zambia team comes together and for the funding of Mission Zambia - $13,600.
The water that I will give him will
become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life. 
John 4:14b 
LIVING WELL is a life source, not a life style.